Orkney Athletic and Running Club SCIO encourages participation of all individuals aged 9 years upwards and is committed to ensuring the Club is open to all.
If any individual / family / guardian is experiencing any form of financial difficulty, at any point, that is impacting on them joining or continuing to attend Club activities please make contact with a member of the Board so the Club can look at what support it may be able to provide.
You can find contact details of the board here, or contact us via Facebook messenger.
Below are details of some financial support options that you may also find useful.
- OARC Athlete Travel Assistance: available to OARC members in support of travel to events being held outside of Orkney. You can find the policy here and also apply online using the Travel Assistance Form.
- Community Councils: local community councils may have funding available to support athletes with costs for sports related activities. Community Council area information can be found on the Orkney Islands Council website https://www.orkney.gov.uk/Council/C/Community-Councils.htm and the Democratic Services team will be able to advise appropriate contact details.
- Voluntary Action Orkney (VAO): VAO issue monthly newsletters containing information on various funding streams available to Clubs, organisations and individuals – contact them for details: https://www.vaorkney.org.uk/
- SportsAidScotland – changed its name from Scottish Sports Aid at the start of 2014. It is a charity that provides financial assistance in the form of grant awards to talented sporting youngsters in the 12 to 22 year age range and to disability athletes of any age who are already competing at national level in their age group and have the potential to represent Scotland at senior level. The finance given is to help the athletes with their travel and training costs, and will hopefully assist them in becoming Scotland’s future sporting stars. https://www.sportsaidscotland.org.uk/
- NorthLink Ferries travel sponsorship – https://www.northlinkferries.co.uk/contact-northlink-ferries/sponsorship/
- Pentland Ferries travel sponsorship – https://pentlandferries.co.uk/sponsorship-discounts/
It is also recommended to check the following websites and social media pages regularly for funding opportunities etc.
- OIC Sport and Leisure https://www.orkney.gov.uk/Service-Directory/S/sports-and-leisure.htm
- Scottish Athletics https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/
- Orkney Athletic and Running Club https://www.facebook.com/orkneyathletics